Amish White Bread
2 Cups warm water 110-120 degrees F
⅔ Cups white sugar
1½ Tablespoons yeast
1½ Teaspoons salt
¼ cup vegetable oil
6 cups flour or non-GMO flour
1. Place sugar and water in bowl
2. Sprinkle with yeast and let dissolve 5-15 minutes
3. Add salt, oil and half the flour mix together.
4. Add remaining flour.
5. Change to dough hook and mix till its pulling away from the sides.
6. Pull out onto lightly floured surface and knead shortly
7. Place in greased bowl flipping to cover both sides.
8. Top with saran wrap or damp warm towel
9. Set aside in draft free area. Let rise til double in size, apx 1 hr.
10. Remove cover and punch down.
11. Lay out on lightly floured surface and cut in half.
12. Flatten out into rectangle and “jelly” roll into a loaf.
13. Pinch ends together
14. Place in greased 9×5 bread pan. Repeat with other half.
15. Cover and let rise till double in size about 30-50 minutes.
16. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
17. Make egg wash by beating egg yolk with cream and set aside.
18. Brush on egg wash on top of bread and or dinner rolls
19. Once double in size bake for 25-30 minutes.
20. Pull out of oven.
21. Run knife along edges to loosen from pan.
22. Let rest 10 minutes before removing to cooling rack.