Lesson: Fondant can tear or crack if rolled too thin or thick.
Q: How do I fix a broken fondant banner?
- Spread a coat of melted chocolate on the back.
- Fill tears and cracks in with another piece of fondant.
- Smooth edges with fingertips coated in shortening.
- Cracks can also be smoothed out with an icing smoother or your fingertips.
- Do not wet your fingers with water, as this will cause the fondant to melt and tear further.
- If the area is still unsightly, you can always pipe on the spot or place a design over the flaw.
- A cover-up may be the best solution.