Coffee and Bailey’s Macarons
120 g egg whites room temperature
130 g granulated sugar
140 g almond flour
110 g powdered sugar
2 tsp espresso powder (not granules)
Ingredients: Baileys Milk Chocolate Ganache
200 g milk chocolate chips
100 g heavy cream
20 g Baileys Irish Cream
Instructions: Coffee Macarons
1. Line baking sheets with a silpat mat or parchment.*
2. Place the almond powder, icing sugar, and espresso powder in a food processor. Process until just beginning to clump.
3. Sift and discard any bits that won’t pass through the sifter. Set aside.
4. Whip the egg whites until they’re the consistency of a loose foam. Continue whipping while slowly adding sugar. Whip to a stiff meringue.
5. Fold the dry mixture into the meringue.**
6. Pour the batter into a piping bag fitted with the 1A tip.
7. Pipe the macarons onto your baking sheet.
8. When all your macarons are piped, whack the baking sheet on the counter at least 3 times to get rid of any air bubbles.***
9. Let the macarons dry at room temperature until dry to the touch. Approx 1 hour. DO NOT skip this step.
10. While macarons are drying, make the ganache.
Instructions: Baileys Milk Chocolate Ganache
1. Chop the chocolate finely and place in a bowl. Heat the cream until boiling and pour over chopped chocolate. Do not stir! Cover bowl with plastic wrap for 2 mins. Stir to combine and add Baileys. Place in fridge to set.****
2. Once dry, bake macarons in a 300°F oven until they stick a little bit to the pans. This can be anywhere from 10-20mins depending on your oven and how crowded the macarons are on the pan.
3. Let cookies cool completely before removing from pans.
4. Pipe ganache into the center, sandwich the cookies and twist together
Author Olivia, Livforcake.com