Peanut Butter Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
2 c flour 2 c white sugar
1 t baking soda 1 t salt
1 stick unsalted butter 1 c water
½ c peanut butter (not natural) ½ c vegetable oil
2 large eggs (room temperature) ½ c buttermilk (room temperature)
1 t vanilla extract
1 stick unsalted butter 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1 t vanilla extract 3 c powdered sugar
6 T buttermilk (add a touch more if frosting too stiff)
Add above frosting ingredients together and mix well.
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray
3. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
4. Heat butter and water in small saucepan until it comes to a boil.
5. Take off heat and whisk in peanut butter and oil until smooth.
6. Let cool for a few minutes.
7. Whisk in eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla until well blended.
8. Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, until top is golden and toothpick comes out clean.
9. Set cake on cooling rack.
1. Put butter, peanut butter, and buttermilk in saucepan and bring to a full boil.
2. Take off heat and beat in vanilla and powdered sugar (add 1 cup at a time of powdered sugar)
3. Put back on warmer on gentle heat to rewarm it, stirring constantly, before pouring over cake.
4. If frosting is stiff and not pourable, add a little bit more buttermilk to thin it out.
5. Pour hot frosting over warm cake.
6. Work quickly because frosting sets up immediately.
7. Spread evenly over cake.